TTC

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday 8 May 2011

Mother's Day & Breakdowns

Today is Mother's Day. A day that I love....... to hate.

I woke up this morning from a dream that, like in reality, it is Mother's Day. But in my dream, it wasn't one of having a child and waking up to getting gifts, hugs and Eskimo kisses from a little bundle of joy. Nope, in this dream I was still infertile. But, in this dream my husband did something very, very sweet. (I know it was a dream bc John just isn't the mushy romantic type) I dreamt that he came home from work with a giant bouquet of flowers with the sweetest card that read "To the mother of my unborn child. Happy Mother's Day. I love you." I was able to hold all my tears in until after John left for work.

I feel like I've been crying all morning.  I posted a big "Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and Mommy-to-be's" on Facebook. The single reply I got from a very close friend was enough to make me cry all over again. She replied with "And to those who are mommy's to angles still being perfected in heaven, waiting for just the right time to grace us with their presence!" Such a sweet comment to hear on a day that all of us infertiles wish we could just skip. Thank you so much A for sending me that. I really, really appreciate it.

To bring me to the big breakdown.... I don't know why on earth I even watch this show but nevertheless, I was watching Pregnant in Heels. I thought I would hate the show when I saw the first episode but I think the fact that Rosie is also infertile has kept me connected. Anyhow, I got to the scene in the bridezilla episode where she gets a phone call from her doctor who tells her that they just don't know for sure if the IVF had worked or not. Her comment is "Now I just have to wait another 2 weeks. I hate waiting." Rosie, I can honestly say.... I hate waiting too.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet of your friend to post that on your facebook page. :-)

    ReplyDelete