TTC

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Saturday 7 May 2011

Praying 2+2=4

This Wednesday I started ovulation tracking with my wonderful doctor. I was given Provera to start my cycle and the day I went to pick up the perscription, I started on my own. That was weird considering I had just finished my period 8 days prior to that. I thought oh well and started taking my Clomid the next day. Wednesday, like I said earlier, I went in to have an ultrasound to see if there are any follicles developing. I was pretty let down when there were none but the technician said that she could see where I had ovulated from my left ovary during my last cycle. I thought that was weird too considering the fact that I don't ovulate without help and at that point I wasn't on Clomid. Hmmm... okay whatever. So I was told to go back in today (Saturday) and check again. This time we saw two follicles in my right ovary and one in my left. Ironically, the same dark spot that the last tech claimed was proof I had ovulated from my left ovary on my last cycle, was infact not proof of that at all but instead the follicle forming for this cycle. After getting dressed, I went and sat down and the new tech told me that yes, I do infact have 3 follicles. The one in the left ovary is extremely small and the 2 in my right ovary are measuring at about 8 mm. She said that these two have a great chance at growing some more and she is hopeful that they will be about 11 mm at my next appointment on Wednesday the 11th. She also informed me that the lining of my cervix has thickened which is a great indication that I am about to ovulate. She told me to start my ovulation kits on Monday. I didn't get any pictures of my two little follicles but I'm going to be determined to get them on Wednesday, if they are still growing. Also on that day, should they be the correct size, I'll be going in for more bloodwork (the same bloodwork I just had done on Monday) which will measure for certain hormones that will indicate whether or not these two little beans are harboring eggs. In the meantime, I'm sitting here staring at my belly, placing my hand on it and praying to God that these follicles mature. I know if all goes well, and they do grow and John's swimmers are able to fertilize both of them that my doctor will want to turn this cycle into IVF. I'm definitely not down for that. I would love to have twins.

So now, I just wait.... and pray.... and wait.... and pray some more that God will grant our wish to become parents and to even hopefully become parents to a beautiful set of twins. However, if this is not His plan, I will happily accept just one. : )

1 comment: