TTC

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday 31 October 2010

All Work & Some Play

Let me start off by saying:

Happy Halloween!!!

So, I thought I might do a little update on myself since it has been a while since my last real post.


Lately, all I have been doing is consuming myself with work and school. I work at a school near where I live and it isn't the best job I ever had, but it can definitely be a lot of fun. I work in the Preschool classroom with children who have a learning delay. They aren't what you would call Special Ed but we do our best to get them caught up in their motor skills and/or language so that they are prepared to enter kindergarten. I love working with the kids but the one thing I absolutely can't stand doing is lunch duty! I dont know why, but being in a lunch room full of 200+ middle schoolers was nothing compared to working elementary lunch with less than 100 kids. Don't ask my why that lunch is so rough because I really couldn't tell you. It's not like the kids are bad. Infact, majority of them are angels but there is something about it that just irritating and exhausting. But, I put up with all of the mess because I only work from 8am to 1pm. That's it. 5 hours a day. What should I have to complain about, right? Well, I choose to work only 5 hours a day. I didn't want anymore hours than that since I'm going to be starting college full time soon. I know there are a lot of people out there (including my mom) who work full time and go to school full time but, that's just not something I can handle. I've been there and done that. I was even working 2 full time jobs and going to school at one point but, no more! It's not that I'm lazy, it's just that I would like to graduate with a nice GPA. : ) Anyway, so I've been working all week, doing homework when I got home and even bringing some work home to work on. Infact, I have a backpack full of stuff sitting next to me that I should be working on right now but just don't feel like doing it. So anyway, to make a long story short, for some reason when my principal came to ask me if I wanted more hours and I said no, I then felt guilty and took on those extra hours without really understanding why I was doing it. What was I thinking!?!?!?! I start those extra hours on Monday. SOOOO not looking forward to going back to work. To top it off, Wednesday is my birthday. Happy birthday to me!!! haha! not.


I mentioned that I am taking a college course this semester. It is an 8 week PE course. I thought it would be soooo easy since the title of it is "Introduction to Walking". I was wrong. I never would have thought that there would have been so much reading involved in a PE course. I thought all I would have to do is put on a pedometer and enter my daily step count into the computer every night. Oh no! Of course not! I read the book, do labs, and take tests as well as write on the discussion board once a week.


Please don't stop reading because all I have done is complain so far. I promise, there is a silver lining.


The best thing all this work is it is making time go by so much faster. : ) On the 11th, I have an appointment with one of the best Obgyn's in England! I'm so ready. John and I are both looking forward to the appointment so we can find out if there are other options besides IVF and adoption. Can't wait!!!! Maybe God has a plan for us after all. : )
Hope all of you have a great week. I'm going to try and make the best of mine. After all, Wednesday is my birthday, maybe something great will happen.


Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment