TTC

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Praying 2011 is better than 2010

It's been a while since I have posted anything and I never gave the update about how my appointment went with the new Obgyn... 2011 is a new year, a new beginning, a new future. Before we can pray about our future, we have to know our past. Here's some of what has happened.


We had our appointment with Dr. Sharma back on December 9th. I was a little worried at first but after sitting and talking to her for OVER an hour, I have come to love her. Haha! I have never seen a doctor take so much time with a patient before. She is very thorough and had great things to say.


At our appointments with the last OBgyn, we were told that I do not have PCOS, my husband's swimmer count made it impossible to become pregnant naturally, that I'm way too overweight, IUI isn't at all an option and there is only one fertility clinic in all of England that can help us.... My new DOCTOR beggs to differ on every account. She went through my medical and family history way better than the last lady. She went through John's medical and family history which the last lady didn't at all. And then she made me breathe a big sigh of relief.


She told us that with my family history of diabetes and the lack of testing the last person did, I should definitely have PCOS. The last OB didn't do nearly enough to rule it out. Most would think that that is a bad thing... it's not. PCOS is treatable! Wahoo! The next amazing thing she told us is that the last person completely misinformed us of John's test scores. It is still possible for him to get me pregnant naturally, but it could take a while.... this isn't a bad thing though because of the fact that this now means that IUI is an option that we didn't have before. The next great thing she told me is that I'm not too overweight. Should I try to lose some weight? Absolutely. But, being overweight isn't going to stop her from helping us. And the last completely awesome thing she told us.... A fertility clinic 4 hours away isn't necessary. She can do IUI's and IVF at a nearby hospital. Wahoo!!! I was actually able to get through a doctor's appointment without crying. It was amazing. I had a huge smile on my face the rest of the day. She had me give a blood sample before I left so she could run a couple more tests. John has to have a more invasive swimmer analysis done and I have to go for a very unique type of ultrasound.






Now, here we are in the new year. It's 2011 and I'm ready for some BIG changes. Monday, I started my work outs. I'm going to lose weight for the benefit of my future child. 1 in 3 pregnancies already end in miscarriage, I don't want to double the odds by being "obese". My friends who have seen me often refuse to believe that I'm obese but I am infact, obese. It was extremely hard to admit that to myself for the longest time. But I am. I just happen to hide my weight well. But, I won't have to call myself obese for much longer. I'm changing my life for the better. Healthier food choices and exercise is my ticket to pregnancy. Plus, I'm going to have to cut out the DP's once I'm pregnant anyway, might as well start now. : ) I'm also going to try reallly hard to have a better relationship with God.


I go on Friday for my ultrasound. I'm hoping it gives us good results. I'll keep you updated on the results after I get them.


Happy New Year!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome news! I knew your last doctor sounded like a quack. I'm so glad that you found a doctor you love and that she had such good news for you. My husband had low sperm count, low motility and poor morphology and my doctor originally said that IVF was our only option. If I hadn't spoke up about doing an IUI I don't think I would be pregnant right now. IVF was not covered at all (IUI was partially covered) and it was definitely not in our budget. I think IUI would definitely be an option for you. Can't wait to hear more good news!

    ReplyDelete